FULL FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Virtual CFO Service
As a successful business owner, you want clarity about your finances and you want confidence in your future. You want the financial components of your business to be thriving, organized, and fully aligned with the rest of your life. And, while you’ve accomplished a lot, you’re here now because you’re looking for an experienced CFO who’s helped many business owners establish a healthy, thriving business that supports their utmost dreams.
Let me help you get there as your Virtual CFO.
I work with established service-based business owners who want to change the way they approach their finances, who want to make smart financial moves, and who are ready to have their business fully support the life they want to live.
As your Virtual CFO, I’ll help you manage cash flow, keep you GAAP compliant, provide financial & operational analysis and implementation, work to increase profitability, help you develop new income streams, provide projections & forecasts, create budgets, track KPIs, create more efficiency, and manage all the financial pieces.
But more important than all the technical benefits, as your Virtual CFO, I’ll help you structure your business so that it is healthy, sustainable, and aligned with your unique lifestyle and all of your goals.
In short, I’ll help you work from a place of financial empowerment.
Practically speaking, you’ll find that my role as Virtual CFO for your company incorporates (and sometimes eliminates) some other consultant roles like bookkeeper, tax strategist, business coach, etc. Every client I work with is different, of course, so let’s talk about your specific business needs & goals.
What’s Typically Included in the Virtual CFO Service…
*This service is of greatest value & fit to service-based business owners who are generating $600k to $5M/yr.
*Also, please note, this is not an exhaustive list because I tailor my services to you & your business’ needs.
- Regular support via phone, email, and video conference
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Cash flow management
- Increasing profit margins
- Pricing Strategy
- Optimized tax strategy (on-going guidance & support in the structuring of your financial practices, legal set up, & deductions so that you keep more money in your pocket)
- Tax projections
- Quarterly estimated tax payment calculations
- IRS audit support
- Oversight & implementation of needed GAAP compliance
- Bookkeeping (coding) and support
- Monthly Reconciliation of business bank accounts, liabilities, & assets
- Customized financial reports (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, plus others by Request)
- KPI tracking
- Debt elimination strategy + implementation
- Payroll support & oversight
- Staffing support
- Operational analysis & implementation
- Filing and tracking of subcontractor payments throughout the year
- Retirement contribution analysis & planning
- Detailed attention to (and support of) owner’s personal finances and financial goals
- Preparation for Acquisitions, Mergers & Exit Strategies
- Hosting of accounting & financial software
If this service sounds like a match for you & your business, click on the button below & schedule a free consultation
“Thanks to Erin we are in track to have our highest grossing year ever!”
As a 15-year owner of a design and branding agency, I’ve experienced many successes, but with that also comes opportunities for support and growth. I wanted to be more in control of our finances and intentional with the money we made. I truly felt like my team and I had taken as far as we could on our own, and we were lacking the clarity needed to know what actually was the “right” next moves. It was time to bring someone in that could give us a deeper understanding of the “numbers” that could help take my business to the next level. Most importantly, what they meant, how to interpret them and how we could actually use that information to better plan for the future. That’s where Erin comes in. She works with us on regular basis to make key decisions that impact our business in day-to-day operations, helps us make informed (and smart) decisions based on our long-term financial goals and set new goals for the future based on opportunities we would not have seen otherwise. Overall her communication, guidance and insight have exceeded our expectations. I would highly recommend her to anyone with a business that isn’t quite large enough to hire an in-house CFO, but still wants the peace of mind, expertise and direction that a CFO can provide. It has made a world of difference in my business, and my money mindset. Thanks to Erin we are on track to have our highest grossing year ever!
–Kristin Moses, DesignGood
“There’s no doubt in our minds that having her on our team has allowed us to earn more money, stress less, and create a clear vision for the future.“
We’ve been working with Erin as Virtual CFO for more than a year, and she’s been a huge asset to our company as we’ve been working through some major transitions (not to mention COVID!). She’s been our biggest cheerleader, our financial guru, our rock, and our accountability partner. There’s no doubt in our minds that having her on our team has allowed us to earn more money, stress less, and create a clear vision for the future. She’s made financial decision-making simpler and has helped us focus on the big picture instead of getting lost in the details. Erin offers an experienced outside perspective that would have been impossible for us to attain otherwise. We feel lucky to have had the opportunity to work with her and know that she will continue to be a part of our major business decisions as we move forward.”
-Thriving ATX Business Partners
If you’re curious about the logistics of how this potentially works, here are some other important details:
- I only partner with a handful of clients in the role of Virtual CFO each year. I love working in this capacity and growing healthy companies! (So, unlike many companies that contract with less experienced financial professionals on the back-end, I am the person who’ll pick up your phone calls, be 100% familiar with all that’s going on, and do the needed the work.)
- My availability to take on new Virtual CFO clients fluctuates. Most of my clients work with me for several years (at least), and I only take on a new client when I have an opening., etc.
- Hiring me is an investment. I work on a monthly retainer model, and the specific price is based on the size & needs of you and your company. I’m proud to share that every one of my CFO clients have financially recouped far more than their investment during our time together. In fact, since the pandemic started in the U.S., my clients have collectively grown their revenue by +58% in the pandemic period alone—more about that here.
- My service as a Virtual CFO for small businesses tends to be of greatest value & fit to service-based business owners who are currently generating $600k to $5M/yr.
MEET YOUR VIRTUAL CFO, ERIN
Erin Armstrong is a CFO and Business Coach who’s on a mission to financially empower small business owners and creative entrepreneurs.
Erin’s unique approach focuses on the nuts & bolts of business finances, such as accounting practices, tax strategy, profitability, budgeting, & cash flow. Simultaneously, she helps her clients identify their financial fears and improve their money mindset so that they can move forward in a confident, proactive and empowered way.
Over the past 10 years, Erin has worked with hundreds of business owners across the country as a Virtual CFO, Accountant, Tax & Financial Consultant, and Business Coach.
She has also led workshops in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Austin, and Dallas. Erin maintains her licensure as an Enrolled Agent (the highest tax credential issued by the IRS), and is a member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents and the Texas Society of Enrolled Agents. She lives with her husband and daughter in the Dallas area.