Fractional CFO Services & Solutions
Trajectory-Changing Business Financial Support
Get the professional help you need from an experienced, results-driven Chief Financial Officer!
As an established business owner, you want clarity about your finances, and you want ultimate confidence in your future. Not only do you want to resolve existing financial and operational challenges—but you want your business to achieve its full potential (in a way that aligns with your lifestyle and values, no less).
That’s where my Fractional CFO Services come into play. Whether you are looking for ongoing comprehensive support and guidance as your business grows or are looking for a shorter-term engagement to solve a few pressing challenges, I can lead you on the right path. For a fraction of the cost of hiring a full-time CFO, you can get the thoughtful, strategic & experienced help you need through my outsourced, fractional CFO services.
For 12+ years I’ve worked exclusively with owners of small and medium-sized businesses improving their business financial health and providing impressive results. Not only do I intimately understand the unique challenges and risks that business owners face, but I also understand the unparalleled highs that come with meeting (and exceeding) challenging objectives. If you’re ready to put your business on a profitable, sustainable & life-giving path, let’s talk about how I can help you.
Results Clients Have Seen
CASE STUDY 2: A LUXURY WEDDING BUSINESS GETS ITS FINANCIAL HOUSE IN ORDER
+ 233% increase in profit
+ 5,1000% increase in Owner Compensation
+ 12+hrs of time back every month
+ Effective overhaul of pricing & positioning
(VIP Day with a CFO Engagement)
CASE STUDY 3: A 3-YR BUSINESS BUILDING PLAN FOR A RENOWNED INTERIOR DESIGN FIRM
+ 52% increase in gross revenue
+ 522% increase in profit
+ 282% increase in Owner Compensation
+ 400%+ increase in capital reserves
+ $77,000 total tax savings
(Comprehensive CFO Engagement)
CASE STUDY 4: AN ONLINE EDUCATOR LEARNS HOW TO OPTIMIZE HER TAX EFFICIENCY
+ $61,000 tax savings for first year
+ $100,000 projected tax savings per yr for subsequent years
+ 161% increase in Owner Compensation
+ Clear & comprehensive action plans
(VIP Day with a CFO Engagement)
CASE STUDY 1: RESTORING A WELLNESS CENTER’S FINANCIAL HEALTH
+ 1,282% increase in profit
+ 80% increase in employee retention
+ 1,800%+ increase in Owner Compensation
+ Establishment of strong cash reserves
+ Overhaul of the business’ pricing & positioning
+ Confidence in the viability of the business restored
(CFO Lite Engagement)
The kinds of business issues addressed through my Fractional CFO Services:
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list as I tailor my services to you & your business needs.
- Gaining clarity as to your current profit margins
- Laying out options for how your profit margins can realistically be improved
- Providing a multi-step plan of implementation that will increase your profit margins
- Assessing the margins of what you can pay new hires, modeling out potential labor configurations, etc.
- Assessing the positioning of your company, and suggesting changes to strengthen it
- Conducting market research on your direct and indirect competitors
- Creating models for price increase possibilities (along with data-driven attrition rates)
- Developing a detailed rollout plan for price increases
- Financial forecasting that accurately considers all aspects of your business and personal finances (income, expenses, loan re-payments, draws, taxes, required payments toward past accrued debt, etc.)
- Pinpointing money leaks
- Help with management of cash-on-hand
- Analyzing your burn-rate, financial runway & cash needs for different scenarios you’re considering
- Assisting with loan consolidation and/or loan trades
- Laying out a multi-step plan to fund all desired investments, savings, and loan payoffs
- Assessing the ways you’re currently compensating yourself through your business and helping you potentially reconfigure this so you’re supporting all your goals
- Incorporating payroll, draws, distributions, retirement contributions, medical insurance, HSA contributions, and more
- Creating processes within your business that prioritize owner compensation
- Developing a transitional schedule and plan to pivot and/or re-position one of more of your service offerings while still preserving original revenue streams
- Establishing meaningful key performance indicators & drawing clear lines as to what these tell you about your business’ health
- Setting up data collection (when it doesn’t exist) to support the tracking of needed KPIs
- Developing a transitional schedule and plan to pivot and/or re-position one of more of your service offerings while still retaining
- Determining the ideal size for your business (based on services you want to offer, the amount of revenue you realistically want to bring in, the ROI on different roles/positions within your business, etc.)
- Helping put the needed operational & financial framework in place so that the business can hit goals
- Providing realistic potential scenarios, including timeframe, to max out your capacity
- Analyzing the cost & labor out-puts needed to open a new location and/or revenue stream
- Forecasting & financially modeling the cash-flows and timelines for the new location/offering to be cash-flow positive
- Helping you financially assess changing leases and/or the purchase of your own building
- Creating a comprehensive tax strategy that legally minimizes both you & the business’ tax liabilities
- Assessing and projecting owed taxes for profit & cash flow purposes
- Optimizing your business tax deductions for your specific scenario (most business owners are leaving tens of thousands of dollars on the table each year by failing to take advantage of tax law—as you grow, this strategy should continue to evolve)
- IRS and state audit support
- Guidance & projections for estimated taxes due, and tax bills
- Helping you determine & develop key new positions in your business
- Providing insight on pay scales for new hires, needed pay increases, bonuses, and more
- Developing employee incentive structures and commissions
- Tracking meaningful employee ROIs and KPIs as helpful and relevant
- Resolving any federal or state payroll tax issues
- Historical clean up of accounting records
- Streamlining (and clarifying) the way your business is capturing different income & expense streams
- Instructing you/your staff on needed accounting procedures
- For those with multiple entities, establishing a process that differentiates separate entities’ finances from each other in a GAAP compliant way
- Monthly bookkeeping and reconciliation
- Preparing your business for sale (making sure financial records are in order and that needed operational processes are inline, as well as developing a clear narrative)
- Guiding you through the actual buyout, merger & acquisition processes
- Streamlining & retooling of any (recently) bought business
If you’d like to discuss how I can help you, click the button below to schedule a free consultation.
“I honestly cannot think of a better or more important investment I have made in my business—or in myself.”
It really is difficult to say enough about Erin, the quality of her work and the way she goes about it. After somehow managing to survive in business for over 30 years with almost no professional financial guidance, Erin came in and 1) helped me put things in the best possible professional order, 2) opened my eyes to resources and opportunities I had no idea existed, 3) helped me to a much better understanding of a number of issues related to my own mindset/self-imposed limitations around my business and money, and 4) supported me emotionally and intellectually as I made important decisions about growth and investment. You will find that she is both smart and proactive. If she commits to working with you, she will be all in and expect no less from you. I am better in more ways than one for my association with her, and I honestly cannot think of a better or more important investment I have made in my business — or in myself. If she seems a good match for you or your business, I cannot recommend her highly enough.
–Barry Nash, Barry Nash and Company
“Bringing Erin on was the biggest blessing for me personally and the business.”
I had the pleasure to work with Erin during a time when I considered my business to be at a “low”. The compounding struggles of the pandemic had me feeling defeated, and bringing Erin on was the biggest blessing for me personally and the business. Erin embraced ALL facets of business ownership – the tangibles (finance, operations) as well as the intangibles (beliefs, morale, personal emotions). In doing so, she managed to validate, educate and empower me as a person, which in turn empowered me as a business owner. She has laid the foundation for CLEAR and EFFICIENT financial strategies to help not only bring the business out of the “low” – but now speeding into a new “high”. I am feeling extremely confident with where the business is heading. THANK YOU, Erin. My gratitude is endless.
–Joyce Bertulfo, Revyve
“Thanks to Erin we are in track to have our highest grossing year ever!”
As a 15-year owner of a design and branding agency, I’ve experienced many successes, but with that also comes opportunities for support and growth. I wanted to be more in control of our finances and intentional with the money we made. I truly felt like my team and I had taken as far as we could on our own, and we were lacking the clarity needed to know what actually was the “right” next moves. It was time to bring someone in that could give us a deeper understanding of the “numbers” that could help take my business to the next level. Most importantly, what they meant, how to interpret them and how we could actually use that information to better plan for the future. That’s where Erin comes in. She works with us on regular basis to make key decisions that impact our business in day-to-day operations, helps us make informed (and smart) decisions based on our long-term financial goals and set new goals for the future based on opportunities we would not have seen otherwise. Overall her communication, guidance and insight have exceeded our expectations. I would highly recommend her to anyone with a business that isn’t quite large enough to hire an in-house CFO, but still wants the peace of mind, expertise and direction that a CFO can provide. It has made a world of difference in my business, and my money mindset. Thanks to Erin we are on track to have our highest grossing year ever!
–Kristin Moses, DesignGood
“There’s no doubt in our minds that having her on our team has allowed us to earn more money, stress less, and create a clear vision for the future.“
We’ve been working with Erin as Virtual CFO for more than a year, and she’s been a huge asset to our company as we’ve been working through some major transitions (not to mention COVID!). She’s been our biggest cheerleader, our financial guru, our rock, and our accountability partner. There’s no doubt in our minds that having her on our team has allowed us to earn more money, stress less, and create a clear vision for the future. She’s made financial decision-making simpler and has helped us focus on the big picture instead of getting lost in the details. Erin offers an experienced outside perspective that would have been impossible for us to attain otherwise. We feel lucky to have had the opportunity to work with her and know that she will continue to be a part of our major business decisions as we move forward.”
-Thriving ATX Business Partners
Additional Important Details:
- My Fractional CFO Services tend to be of greatest fit and value to established business owners who have been in business at least two years and are currently generating between $250k/yr and $5M/yr in revenue.
- If we decide to work together, I will be the person who is directly working with you. While I have a small (and incredible!) team that helps with things like administrative tasks, bookkeeping, & market research, it is me you will meet with & primarily correspond with.
- I offer Fractional CFO Services in three different ways: Comprehensive CFO Services (an ongoing partnership with a focus on proactiveness and continued, steady growth); CFO Lite (a defined scope & duration arrangement typically focused on solving a few major challenges); and VIP Days with a CFO (an option that combines Business Coaching, Consulting & limited Scope CFO prep work that culminates in a focused day together). More info about all is below. If you know what’s best for you, great! Otherwise, in our consult I’ll let you know the best way(s) I can provide the support you need.
- Working with me is an investment into your future. I am proud to share that I have a very high success rate in helping businesses thrive! (In fact, every business I have worked with to-date has recouped far more than their investment into my services.) Your investment will depend on the specifics of your business & needs—a detailed proposal with price, scope & timeline will be provided to you after your free consultation. Please note that financing and payment plans are available.
As a Fractional CFO, I can help you accomplish your goals in more than 1 way!
I offer three different engagement levels, dependent on my availability.
Fractional CFO Service Level Options
- Ongoing, invested support, guidance, & partnership (retainer model)
- Full and comprehensive business financial support
- Focused on proactiveness and continued, healthy financial growth
- Oversight & management of relevant rollouts and changes made within business
- Often I work not only with business owner, but with their staff
- Support, guidance & advice for a limited duration (typically 2-6 months)
- Focused on solving a few significant challenges and/or positioning the business for better growth & success
- Development of actionable plan for healthy business financial growth
- Oversight & setup of the beginning of suggested business changes
VIP DAY WITH A CFO
- Accelerated path
- Short-term engagement that combines business consulting, coaching and financial analysis
- All findings and analysis presented in a single, intensive day. (Extensive prep is performed before day + email support is provided for month after.)
- Can be focused on the overall improvement of business financial health–or, targeted to cover a singular element in an extensive way (like Comprehensive Tax Strategy)
MEET YOUR FRACTIONAL CFO, ERIN
Erin Armstrong is a Chief Financial Officer, Business Coach and licensed Tax Strategist who is on a mission to financially empower business owners. Her unique, comprehensive approach integrates all the financial aspects of your business (such as profitability, cash flow, budgeting, tax strategy and accounting practices) with an emphasis on developing a positive money mindset so you can move forward in a confident, proactive and empowered way.
Over the past 12 years, Erin has worked with hundreds of businesses across the country as a Chief Financial Officer, Accountant, Tax & Financial Consultant, Business Coach, and Professional Speaker. She’s also led business financial workshops in many major cities throughout the US. Erin is an Enrolled Agent licensed by the IRS. She lives with her husband and daughter (and their two dogs) in the Dallas area.