Over this past year, in private coaching sessions & conversations, I’ve noticed a prevalent, sweeping financial fear that feels almost too taboo to talk about.
What I’ve realized is that many entrepreneurs, especially female, share this fear… which tends to grow as they become more visible, more successful, more praised as a role model & for making a difference in others’ lives…
That nagging, perhaps low-grade, but perpetually growing fear is that they’ll be found out as a financial “failure” or “fraud.”
Now realistically, in my work, I’ve yet to encounter someone who’s a financial fraud.
But this fear isn’t about reality. It’s about what you fear and feel.
It’s about the way you handle your finances—which might be in direction opposition to the way you handle the rest of your life.
- When you choose to live your values in most all areas of your life,
- When you consistently speak your truth,
- When you successfully generate a lot of income,
- When you’re hailed as a Six-Figure-Success,
- When you’re seen as a role model, and
- When you’re known to shine your light brightly…
- Neglect your finances, or
- Don’t pay yourself well, or
- Feel as though all your profit went out to pay taxes & bills, or
- Unsuccessfully manage Cash Flow, or
- Face numerous financial penalties, or
- Feel completely overwhelmed by #AlltheBusinessMoneyThings…
It creates un-alignment. Friction. Discord.
And that’s what creates the fear of being “found out.” Because you don’t have it as financially “together” as you aspire to. The real problem is that you know your behind-the-scenes financial reality is closer to a Mess, than it is to the Pulled-Together Success you’re presenting to the world.
If this resonates with you, here’s the great news: it doesn’t have to be this way! Let me invite you to start handling your business finances in accordance with the way you live the rest of your life.
There are tons of resources and people who can help you step into business financial ownership so that you feel just as aligned with your finances as you do with the rest of your life. Getting help doesn’t lessen any of your accomplishments. In fact, it’ll just make them richer.
Life is too short to live in fear. So let’s talk about how you can start handling your business finances in alignment with the way you live out the rest of your life!
Over To You..
What do you think? Are financial fears holding you emotionally hostage? Does this subject feel too taboo to talk about? Share below (or send me an email).